The scientific and technological objectives of PETROBOT are:
- To develop and test two robotic inspection solutions for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry:
- Off-line internal inspection of pressure vessels
- In-line inspection of aboveground storage tanks (while tanks remain in operation)
- To demonstrate these robots in use cases validating that they can meet the requirements
- To investigate integration aspects in order to optimise market uptake
- To establish deployment potential and market uptake routes
- To disseminate the results of the project to target groups
PETROBOT consists of seven core elements, each with its own underlying objectives that support the overarching project objectives. The project concerns two fields of technology: robotics and inspection technologies. Furthermore the application of the technology is deemed complex (processes, potentially dangerous environment if safety regulations are not met, procedures). Therefore in the work plan a model has been chosen which mobilises the complete value chain of robotics technology providers, inspection technology providers, inspection services providers and end users in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
Click above to see project timeline.